Amidst the global coronavirus pandemic and financial crisis, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji, the head of India exhorted India to go vocal for local, and it received collective appreciation and acceptance from all over the country. If you are skeptical whether vocal to local creates opportunities to go global. No need to doubt anymore if global brands began locally then it could be the highway to go global.
There are some products in India whose demand touches the roof in the international markets. Investment in such local famed products and paving a way for globalizing the local brand will surely paves a way for reaping higher profits on one hand and boosts the country’s economic growth on the other hand.
India is very famous for diamonds, varieties of mangoes, cotton, steel, coffee, tea, and many more things. Some of the products which are famous and specialized in production only in particular areas in India are
1. DARJEELING AND ASSAM TEA: – There are 3 regions in India which are mainly renowned for tea cultivation, they are Darjeeling in the north, Assam in the north, and Nilgiri in the south. The tea which is produced in Assam is undoubtedly one of the finest beverages known to man.
2. BASMATI RICE: – Basmati rice is one of the unique specialty rice varieties, and is a predominant constituent of the rich and royal menus. Basmati Rice grains are long, dry, and separate. They are well known for their nutty aroma and exotic flavor in any dish. There are many varieties of Basmati rice such as, “basmati 1121 golden sella rice, steam rice, and white sella rice”.
3. SPICES: – India is known as the home of spices and has a long history of trading with the ancient civilizations of Rome and China. Today, Indian spices are the most sought- after globally, given their exquisite and enchanting aroma, fine flavors, unique texture, exotic taste, and medicinal value. India is the world’s largest exporter of spices; the country produces about 75% of the 109 varieties listed by the International Organization for standardization and accounts for more than half of the global trading in spices. India exported 8,43, 255 tons of spices worth of Rs. 162.38 billion. The main spices that India exports are red chilies, turmeric, cumin, garam masala, cinnamon, cardamom, other masala blends, and ready to mix blends. It is a lucrative export business opportunity for spice business in and with India.
4. CLOTHES AND APPAREL: – Textile is considered as India’s trump card when it comes to exports where India is a master of the garment industry. In India, Kashmir is known for its high-end wool. Apart from Indian companies, many international premium brands such as Van Heusen, Reebok and Adidas make use of Indian stuff for their production.
5. COFFEE: – India is Asia’s 3 rd largest producer and exporter of authentic coffee. Almost 80% of India’s coffee production is exported to other countries of that which is exported, 70% is bound for Germany, Russia, Spain and Belgium where Italy accounts for 29% of the exports.
A successful local product can lead to successful business operations. The investment in these kinds of products will help to make our local products act as global attractions. At the same time, returns on these products will result in better profits.